8th November 2016
Routledge to publish the Journal of Urban Affairs
Taylor & Francis Group and the Urban Affairs Association (UAA) are pleased to announce a new publishing partnership. Beginning with the 2017 Volume, Taylor & Francis will publish and distribute UAA's highly regarded journal, the Journal of Urban Affairs (JUA), under the Routledge imprint.
The Urban Affairs Association is dedicated to creating interdisciplinary spaces for engaging in intellectual and practical discussions about urban life. Through theoretical, empirical, and action-oriented research, the UAA fosters diverse activities to understand and shape a more just and equitable urban world.
The Journal of Urban Affairs is the official journal of the UAA. Focusing on urban research and policy analysis, the Journal of Urban Affairs is among the most widely cited journals in the field. The journal provides a multidisciplinary perspective on issues of relevance to both scholars and practitioners, including:
- Interdisciplinary analyses of metropolitan and community problems
- Cutting edge quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Global and comparative urban research
- Empirical research that advances the understanding of urban society
- Assessments of policies, programs, and strategies for change in the urban milieu
Varied perspectives and depth of analysis have made the Journal of Urban Affairs one of the fastest growing journals in urban studies.
Over the next two years, JUA will feature a number of special issues addressing topics such as:
- Citizens in city regions
- Urban transformation in Asia and the Pacific Rim: economic transitions, institutions and development policies
- Urban spectacles and transformation in Brazil in the wake of mega-events
- Refugees and the city
- Rural migrants in transitional Chinese cities: marginality, agency, and social justice
- Actioning the progressive city
- The city in central and south America